Although the Central Coast Mariners players do not have a game this weekend, the full squad will be heading out to local clubs across the Central Coast during the busy grassroots registration window to offer a helping hand.
The split round in the Hyundai A-League coincides perfectly with peak registration times for our 23 local clubs on the Central Coast and the Mariners players will be out in force to help raise awareness that it’s time to: get active, play football and register for your local club.
Any local club on the Central Coast that is holding a registration drive this weekend will be assisted by Mariners’ players who will be out and about helping with registrations, gradings and even lending a hand on the BBQ!
For any Mariners fans that are looking to visit our players out in the community, please see the schedule below!
Don’t forget, anyone who takes a photo with a Mariner can enter the ‘Find Your Stripes Competition’ and have the chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to Brisbane with the Mariners for our match at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday March 31.
Central Coast Mariners’ midfielder, Wout Brama spoke about the importance of community engagement and setting a positive example for the kids of the Central Coast.
“Community engagement is very important, especially for this club, because it is a real community club. I’ve played with some community clubs in Holland too, and we also did a lot of things for the community, and I think it’s always very good to do that, to get the community behind your club, and set a good example for the kids. We want to get out and meet as many kids as possible.
“I made a mistake myself so for me It’s three weeks with no games. So, I am really looking forward to doing some extra things for the community in this period, I am very happy to do that so I can make myself useful for the club,” Brama said.
Central Coast Mariners CEO, Shaun Mielekamp reinforced the importance of the Mariners’ community work and how important it is for kids to get active and sign up for their local clubs.
“This is a big part for us, as a club,” Mielekamp said. “On the back of our jerseys, it says: “the community club,” so we’ve got to live up to that promise.
“It’s a really important time in football, this time of the year. This is when everyone signs up and does their rego, so we need to make sure that all the players and all the staff are getting out there and helping every local club in every way that we possibly can, get as many kids putting on the boots, and finding the next superstars.
“The players will be out, they’ll be cooking barbeques, they’ll be on the laptops with registrations.
“This is the key period of the year for us as a community club. There’s no weekend off for us and it’s important that every little kid goes out to their local club this weekend to see a Mariner and see the pathway, see what the future is about. It’s a great opportunity to meet their heroes, and also a great opportunity to be a part of the football community,” Mielekamp said.
The Central Coast Mariners administration staff will also be taking part in #FullKitFriday this Friday in the office. All office staff will dress in their local club kits to raise awareness for the opening of the local club registration period.
If you register online you can also redeem a FREE ticket to our last Hyundai A-League home game against the Newcastle Jets on Saturday 14 April 2018.
- Kye Rowles: Terrigal United FC (6pm – 7:30pm @ Breakers Country Club)
- Alan Baro & Antony Golec: Avoca FC: (11am – 12pm @ Avoca Beach Hotel)
- Lachie Wales: Berkeley Vale FC: (10am – 11am @ Chittaway Oval)
- Ben Kennedy & Andrew Hoole: Gosford City FC: (11am – 12pm @ Gosford RSL)
- Josh Rose: Gwandalan FC: (10am – 11am @ Summerland Sporties)
- Jacob Poscoliero & Blake Powell: Kariong United (11am – 12pm @ Rebel West Gosford)
- Danny De Silva & Adam Pearce: Toukley Gorokan FC (10am – 11am @ Club Toukley RSL)
- Peter Skapetis & Connor Pain: Tuggerah United FC (11am – 12pm @ McDonalds Tuggerah)
- Jacob Melling & Adam Berry: Woongarrah Wildcats FC (10am – 11am @ Hamlyn Terrace Sporting Complex)
- Liam Rose: Wyoming FC (10am – 11am @ Wyoming Guide Hall)
- Jake McGing & Josh Bingham: Doyalson Wyee Wolves FC (1pm – 2pm @ Doyalson RSL)
- Storm Roux & Trent Buhagiar: Umina Eagles FC (10:30am – 11:30am @ Umina Public School)
- Tom Glover: Wyong Emus FC (11am – 12pm @ Wyong Golf Club)
- Wout Brama: TBC
- Tom Hiariej: Visited East Gosford Rams last weekend and TBC