Central Coast Mariners Academy, Central Coast United and Central Coast Football have joined forces to set up the first ever Junior Representative Leagues on the Central Coast for boys and girls aged U8s – U12s.
The Junior Representative Leagues are unique to the Central Coast and Football NSW and have replaced the current SAP (Skills Acquisition Program) format competition previously administered by the Central Coast Mariners Academy.
From 2019, Central Coast Mariners Academy & Central Coast United are running a pilot program that will be reviewed by FNSW for possible implementation in other Associations across the state.
Both the Central Coast Mariners Academy & Central Coast United will field separate teams in age groups 8s – 12s and will play 21 competition games throughout the season at Pluim Park.
The ‘Junior Reps’ initiative has been created to provide grassroots footballers the opportunity to take their game to the next level without travelling regularly outside the Central Coast region.
Key Junior Reps info:
- Participation in Junior Reps is granted upon a successful trial (see trial info below)
- Boys and girls will be catered for
- Junior Reps are in ADDITION to local club football, not a substitute
- Junior Reps are for ages U8s – U12s
- In addition to gameplay on the Central Coast between Junior Reps teams, Gala Days will be held to play other teams within Football NSW
- Junior Reps teams will play fortnightly over winter
- Junior Reps teams will train three times a fortnightly over winter, Monday, Wednesday and Wednesday after a Sunday match.
- All Junior Representative League teams will be led by qualified coaches, Further trial information to follow for age groups U13’s and older
Central Coast Mariners Academy have a number of vacancies aged 8 and 9 this year, as well as limited availability in the Under 11s and 12s.
The 2019 trial dates and details for the Central Coast Mariners Academy and Central Coast United Junior Reps are as follows.
Date: Saturday February 9th, 2019
Under 8s & Under 9s: 8:30am - 9:30am
Under 10s & Under 11s: 9:45am - 10:45am
Under 12s: 11am - 12pm
Date: Thursday February 14th, 2019
Under 8s & Under 9s: 5pm - 6pm
U10s, U11s, U12s: 6:15pm - 7:15pm