Central Coast Mariners Academy, Central Coast United and Central Coast Football have joined forces to set up the first ever Junior Representative Leagues on the Central Coast for boys and girls aged U8s – U12s.
The Junior Representative Leagues are unique to the Central Coast and Football NSW and will replace the current SAP (Skills Acquisition Program) format competition previously administered by the Central Coast Mariners Academy.
From 2019, Central Coast Mariners Academy & Central Coast United will run a pilot program that will be reviewed by FNSW for possible implementation in other Associations across the country.
Both the Central Coast Mariners Academy & Central Coast United will field separate teams in age groups 8s – 12s and will play 21 games throughout the season at Pluim Park.
The ‘Junior Rep’s’ initiative has been created to provide grassroots footballers the opportunity to take their game to the next level without travelling regularly outside the Central Coast region.
Key Junior Rep’s info:
- Participation in Junior Rep’s is granted upon a successful trial (see trial info below)
- Boys and girls will be catered for
- Junior Rep’s are in ADDITION to local club football, not a substitute
- Junior Rep’s are for ages U8s – U12s
- Junior Rep’s operate over a summer (starting Oct 29) & winter period (TBC)
- In addition to gameplay on the Central Coast between Junior Rep’s teams, Gala Days will be held to play other teams within Football NSW
- Junior Rep’s teams will play fortnightly over winter
- All Junior Representative League teams will be led by experienced and qualified coaches
- Further information will follow throughout the trial period.
- Further trial information to follow for age groups U13’s and older
- All current participants in North/South Development Squads & The International Football School are encouraged to register to trial and find out more information
Students from the International Football and Tennis School are encouraged to make contact with Will Piriz (IFTS Head of Football) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries on how to get involved in the program.
The 2019 trial dates and details for the Central Coast Mariners Academy and Central Coast United Junior Rep’s are as follows. The trials are for U8's to U12's in 2019.
Where: Mariners Centre of Excellence & Soccer5s
Date: Saturday September 15
Under 8s and 10s:
Under 11s and 12s:
Where: Pluim Park, Tuggerah Street, Lisarow NSW
Dates: Monday 17 September, Tuesday 18 September and Thursday 20 September
Under 8s and 10s:
Trial: 5pm - 6pm
Under 9s and 11s:
Trial: 6.15pm - 7.15pm
Trial: 7.30pm - 8.30pm