It all starts on Thursday night, E-League Season 2. After an impressive first season that saw @KyrenFC & @Strawhat_Camels defy the odds to finish in third place, they do it all again this season, bolstered by the addition of @JesseD1996.
In true Mariners fashion, @KyrenFC & @Strawhat_Camels took the inaugural E-League by storm after initially given no chance by the experts. @KyrenFC & @Strawhat_Camels combined to finish in third spot behind Sydney FC & Melbourne City by just one point at the completion of the season.
Our dynamic Esports duo will be joined by newest recruit, Jesse “JesseD” Da Silva @JesseD1996, a foundation Mariners supporter who will proudly represent the Yellow & Navy in season two.
- The first round of E-League Season 2 will take place live from 8pm AEDT on 21 February, 2019.
- You can live stream the match on FOX Sports and the official E-League Twitch channel – as well as the LIVE broadcast of Fox Sports 505
- Follow our competitors on Twitter to join the #ELeague conversation via: @KyrenFC, @StrawHat_Camels & @JesseD1996
Ahead of #ELeague Season 2, we caught up with Kiran, Matt & Jesse to found out a little more about them.
Kiran “Kyren” Gupta @KyrenFC (King Gupta)
- Played FIFA for 14 years
- Played FUT for 5 years
- Started taking FUT competitively 2 and a half years ago with the introduction of FUT champs in FIFA 17.
- Favourite footballer: Messi. There's just no other player in the world that plays like him and with the ability that he has. His moments of greatness are just mesmerising.
- Ranking: 434th on Xbox worldwide
- Last Month’s Rank: 25th on Xbox in Rest of World (ROW) region (99/120 wins)
“I'm extremely excited to be representing the Mariners in Season two of the E-league,” @KyrenFC said. “Season one was an absolute blast and I can't wait to do it again.
“When you're put into that level of competitive environment, it gives you the ability to learn from the people around you and develop as a player. The level of competition has improved again this season, but I'm definitely up for a challenge and hopefully we can bring home some good results for all Mariners’ fans to enjoy. I loved competing in season one and for that reason I’m very grateful to Mariners for bringing back in for a second season,” @KyrenFC said.
Jesse “JesseD” Da Silva @JesseD1996
- Played FIFA for 16 years
- Started playing more competitively in FIFA 17
- Favourite footballer: My favourite player is definitely Cristiano Ronaldo. I’m a little biased due to my Portuguese background but his natural skill and adaptability over the years as his career has progressed, has made it a true privilege to watch him play.
- Ranking: Claimed 132 pro points this year, putting me just outside the top 100 in the world.
- Finished in the top 100, 4 times during FIFA 19, including winning 30/30 twice.
- Finished 34th in the world for the month of December, and 2nd in Australia/NZ on PS4.
“I’m extremely excited to have been given the opportunity to represent the Central Coast Mariners in Season 2 of the E-League,” @JesseD1996 said. “As someone who has followed the Mariners since season 1 and has been a long-time member, I have witnessed some of the greatest moments in the Mariners’ history, it’s an absolute honour to wear the colours of the club that has given me so many amazing memories over the years.
“Hopefully I can do the Mariners proud and help both Kyren and Matt better the lofty heights of last year,” @JesseD1996 said.
Matthew “StrawhatCamels” Camilleri @Strawhat_Camels (Camels)
CLICK HERE to view StrawhatCamels unique qualification into E-League Season 1.
- Played FIFA for 13 years, starting with FIFA 06 on Playstation
- Favourite footballer: Kylian Mbappe, it’s always exciting to watch young footballing talent come through the ranks, especially with rapid pace.
- Highest ranking: A top 100 finish which saw me place 77th in the world and finish on a 28-2
“It was an absolute pleasure playing in season 1 of the E-League,” @Strawhat_Camels said. “Especially considering we didn’t expect to do as well as what we did.
“Kyren, myself and now Jesse are all really strong players and excited to do it again for the Mariners.”