Central Coast Cup
Results from the Hill and Co Lawyers 2011 Central Coast Cup.
Hill and Co Lawyers 2011 Central Coast Cup
Results - Round Three - Men
• The eight quarter finalists in the Hill and Co Lawyers Men-s Central Coast Cup have been decided following the final round robin matches with seven spots being taken by Premier League teams and one, by Gosford City, from Division One.
• In Pool A Premier League teams Umina and Kanwal each posted 4-0 wins, against Division One opponents, Kariong and Woy Woy respectively. Umina finished on top of the Pool with Kanwal also moving into next Sunday-s quarter finals as one of the three highest second-placed teams.
• East Gosford and Kincumber each scored comfortable wins in their final Pool B matches with East finishing over the top of Terrigal to run our 6-2 winners and Kincumber downing the Tuggerah All-Age team 13-0. The win gives East Gosford top place in the quarter-final draw with Kincumber also qualifying, in sixth place.
• Budgewoi were extended by Ourimbah, with a late goal to Josh Ellery needed to give them a 3-2 win and first place in Pool C. In the second match Berkeley Vale were untroubled by Avoca, winning 4-0 and also moved into the quarter finals.
• A goal late in the first half by Dave Sullivan was enough to give Gosford City its third straight win and top place in Pool D after a hard-fought 1-0 win over Wyong. In the other match Killarney District had an easy 5-0 win over Toukley.
• A double on debut to 19-year-old Jack North was the highlight of Wyoming-s 4-1 win over Doyalson. Despite Wyoming-s dominance for much of the match the scores were level at 1-1 before three goals in 10 minutes, including North-s double, saw Wyoming through to a comfortable win and top spot in Pool E. In the other Pool E match the improving Woongarrah team earned their first point of the Cup by holding The Entrance to a 1-1 draw.
Fixtures - Quarter Finals - Men